Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Working Through the Backlog

I said a long time ago that I'd use this season to work through my anime/manga backlog, but it took me until a few days ago to get around to starting.

I kicked it off by catching the hell up on reading Yuria 100 Shiki.  Since I couldn't remember exactly where I left off, I started over from the beginning.  There's only 56 chapters translated, so it didn't take too long to get through it.  Also MAL appears to have a definitive number of chapters (100) and volumes (12) listed for it now.  This seems fitting seeing as how it's no longer marked as "Publishing".

Next I followed up by watching the Akikan! and Kanokon OAVs.  Akikan's OAV was really funny.  Kanokon's was good, but...  pales in comparison to the TV show.

Earlier tonight I watched the K-On! Uraon bluray specials.  It's 7 episodes that are about 2.5 minutes apiece and it's pretty funny.

Still left to watch:
  • Gundam Unicorn episode 1
  • the recent Darker than Black OAV episode
  • Canaan (13 episodes)
  • Fate/Stay Night (24 episodes, and a 6 minute special)
  • Kiss x Sis OAV (4 episodes) (saving to watch when 4th episode comes out, also why the hell did they start numbering the episodes from zero)
  • Macross Frontier (25 episodes)
  • Maria Holic (12 episodes)
  • Rozen Maiden (first season (12), OAV (2), second season (12))
  • possibly Shingetsutan Tsukihime, just to see why the collective anime community denies its existence (12 episodes)
  • Strike Witches (TV (12) + OAV (1))
Currenly airing series I'm archiving for marathon enjoyment: (yeah, it's all ecchi)
  • B Gata H Kei (12 episodes)
  • Kiss x Sis TV (13 episodes)
Currently airing series that I'm watching as the episodes come out:
  • 13 episodes of Promised DayFull Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • K-on!!
Other stuff I shouldn't forget:
  • At some point this year there's going to be a Gundam 00 movie
  • Whenever Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu is released on bluray, it would be nice
  • There's another Negima OAV episode due out any fucking time now god dammit
I think that's about it.  The reason for this huge backlog is that I look at the number of episodes in the series (or the total size of the backlog) and get mistakenly overwhelmed.  A 12 episode series, episodes averaging 23 minutes, assuming I only watch the OP/ED once, will only take a little over 4 hours to watch.  Parents go to sleep around 10 PM, mom gets up at 4:30 AM.  Plenty of time, plus for the longer series I can start earlier and wear headphones.

That's a lot of stuff I have to watch, but if I space it out it should go by pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.