Also, of note (in case you didn't know for some reason): 4chan is back up. There are rather brief instructions on the status blog telling you to clear your DNS cache. Well, most people aren't going to know exactly how to do that, so here's a quick how-to, for Windows. I'm not familiar with VistAIDS, but the following will definitely work under XP: (things you should type are in a fixed-width font)
- Open a command prompt. Easiest way is to click Start, then Run..., type cmd, and hit enter.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.
- Wait for it to finish.
- Go to your control panel (classic view) and open up Network Connections.
- Select your network card (probably "Local Area Connection" or similar unless you've renamed it).
- Right click and select Properties.
- Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click Properties.
- Click the option "Use the following DNS server addresses"
- In the Primary box, type 188.8.131.52. You won't need to click in the separate areas of the box, pressing the . key will automatically move the cursor over.
- Click OK.