Sunday, July 4, 2010

Infuences

Thinking back about my life, I realize that I was not really granted a lot of freedom to hang out with friends outside of school.  My parents literally did not let me do anything with any of my friends by ourselves.  Either they had to be there, or someone else's parents had to be there, whatever.  In general I was treated like I really didn't matter too much.  My parents still to this day beat the old rhetoric of "I am your parent, you will respect me", which really never worked.  Think about it, respect has to be mutual or there isn't any respect at all.  I wasn't ever treated like a person, instead I was always treated as "their son" and someone who never knows right from wrong despite being taught that every day.  Having been a logical thinking person all my life, I have seen little value in respecting someone solely because of the position they hold.  If you have no redeeming value as a human being, you don't get my respect.  Plain and simple.

Think about it.  I didn't choose my parents.  They decided they wanted a kid, and nine months later, here I was.  Expecting respect just because they're my parents when I really don't have a lot of emotional attachment to anything is unreasonable.

I mean, I do have emotional attachments.  Most of them are one-way feelings towards females who don't know I exist because I'm too shy to talk to them (the good ones are already taken anyway, or have sudden unexpected drawbacks like being smokers), or material possessions.  I have friends as well.  Friends from my grade school days that still exist and that I have contact with are rare.  Mainly because until high school I didn't really have friends.  I was that one everyone picked on.  In high school I hung out with other people that nobody would hang out with.  We all had our differences, and in the end we became hypocritical by kicking someone out, but she was really annoying.  Really, really annoying.

All of this has led to this development of an intense hatred inside me for abuse of power and technicalities.  Every time I hear about someone being falsely accused of something, I get enraged.  Especially in this day and age where all a female has to do is mention any kind of unwanted sexual tension between her and a guy, whether it exists or not, and the guy's life is immediately permanently fucked.  Even if he's proven innocent.  Think about that stripper who cried rape at the hands of the Duke lacrosse team, only to later admit that the charge was false.  Did anyone ever forgive any member of the Duke lacrosse team?  No.

So basically whenever anyone is accused of anything I try to read into it from the accused's point of view.  Most of the time news coverage is incredibly biased and will provide all sorts of information from the accuser, but very little about the accused or anything actually useful that the public could look at and form their own opinion.  As previously mentioned, any guy accused of anything sexually unwanted in nature is fucked over for life, even if the charges are false.  This is the future that feminists look forward to.  They don't want equality, they want feminine superiority.  News flash: equality among people means disregarding all differences between people.  Nobody should receive preferential treatment, no matter how discriminated against they were in the past.

I could rant endlessly about that alone, but I won't.  Instead, I want to bring to light how my mind works as I picture situations that may or may not involve me and can be entirely fictional.

Every single story I have ever written:
  • has involved a corrupt person in power being forcibly removed from power and facing justice,
  • has had a character intended to be myself as the main character,
  • has involved some level of science fiction or fantasy elements,
  • would make fairly typical endless shounen series if televised.
The very first one, which was intended to be the canon story of my character XT-8147, which was really just a Dragonball Z spinoff, involved the main character defeating a corrupt leader and taking control of a planet.  Years down the road the futility of trying to have a single governing system for an entire planet took hold and sections of the planet split apart into their own sovereign nations.  Our hero then plays an important role in organizing these separate sovereign nations' forces to defend against attacking Earthling xenophobes.

There have been some which haven't made it much past the concept stage.  Basically I had the idea for the story but never expanded upon it.  I deem it too late to go back to them now.

The most recent and thus most important one involves a group of friends who discover magic.  Being in a nation weary of outsiders after an attack on a large city, it's not long before they get called in as suspicious people and detained by the country's investigation bureau.  The detainment is basically like when you go to a rebel base within a third world country, you get blindfolded for the journey so you don't know where you are when you get there.  They basically find out that the government, fearful of their powers, plans to execute them without trial or any effort to learn about said powers.  It takes off from there.

I'm no longer actively working on it, but the government in this story is basically the bad guy.  Any other villains that come up are inconsequential, even when the fight is epic, with twist after twist.  The group sticks it to the government in the beginning after getting themselves hired as an elite secret agent task force, their employment contracts basically screw the government over at every opportunity.  The government turns on them and starts hunting them down, forcing them into hiding.  One by one they get caught and killed.  Later on, in a part of the story I planned but never wrote, the main character (once again me) finally takes the government down (from outer space) and becomes the country's new leader as the governing system is redesigned from the ground up.

There were plenty of elements the story had at one point that got revised out of it, including the element that gave it its title: "The Legend of the Fated Couple".  So in other words it's a semi-interesting story about toppling a corrupt government with no actual legend of any fated couple.

So basically, I don't like when people who have power misuse that power for personal gain or to screw someone over.  I especially don't like when a governmental situation becomes large groups with lots of money vs. the little guys, where the little guys are stepped on in every way imaginable and can't catch a break.  Kind of like America's current government, which has been fucked up for decades, especially in the area of copyright.

Seriously, think about that.  If politicians are supposed to represent their constituency and argue for or against issues that affect their constituency, wouldn't that politician's views on those issues not matter because they serve their constituency?  Instead of pushing their own political agenda, they're supposed to be the voice of their constituency, condensed into one person.  They should of course receive help in organizing important issues from local governments who should be in regular contact with their constituencies.  Basically it should fan out from the President like a tree.  The heads of the house and other governmental departments report to the President.  Representatives of each state report to a head of the house.  Local governments report to state governments, who report to the representatives.

This is exactly how America's government is laid out, yet the focus seems to be on each individual politician's agenda and views when that shouldn't matter if they're a good politician who listens to their constituents.  Political parties are counterintuitive to how an actual democratic government should be run.  It seems like America's fallen into a rut of "one party runs the country and pushes its own agenda, then the other party takes over, reverses what the previous party did, then pushes its own agenda, repeat".  The citizens, the very people our government is supposed to be "by and for" are nonexistent in this equation.  We get forgotten about because the only people who can really affect anything in our government are those with money, and the average citizens are kept just poor enough that we can't influence anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.