Saturday, July 3, 2010

Done farming tabs

In an unintentional personal record-setting 51 minute run, I got the last 10 remaining magic tabs, then progressed on to repairing the Masamune where you get Ayla for the duration of the Reptite Lair.  Maxed out her magic, pwned Nizbel, then went to the end of time, saved, and used the bucket to go fight Lavos.

Crono/Lucca/Robo is a pretty good team for every part except when Lavos mimics Azala and BlackTyrano.  I dunno, maybe I didn't use the right techs, but it took forever to kill Azala, whereas I'm used to killing him in two hits of Triple Raid or 3D Attack.  Once Azala was down, BlackTyrano was easy.  Wait for it to shut off its defense, then pummel.

The Lavos Core battle is truly amazing with this team though.  In addition to Crono spamming Luminaire, I had Lucca spamming Flare and Robo spamming Shock.  I took it down before the bits got revived.

Anyway, I'm now in the final phase of my project: fully unlocking Extras Mode.  This was really my goal all along, maxing everyone out was just to make that easier.  In the process of maxing everyone out, I got four of the endings, so now I need to go back and get the other eight.

Here's a table with all the endings, how to get each one, and which ones I've gotten.

#Ending nameHow to getGotten?
1Beyond TimeDefeat Lavos after reviving CronoYes
2ReunionDefeat Lavos before reviving CronoNo
3The Dream ProjectDefeat Lavos at the very beginning of the gameYes
4The Successor of GuardiaDefeat Lavos immediately upon getting back from 600 ADNo
5Good NightDefeat Lavos after learning magic from SpekkioYes
6Legendary HeroDefeat Lavos after beating Masa and MuneNo
7The Unknown PastDefeat Lavos after getting the Hero MedalNo
8People of the TimesDefeat Lavos after defeating NizbelYes
9The OathDefeat Lavos after Frog equips the Masamune and opens the Magic CaveNo
10Dino AgeDefeat Lavos after defeating MagusNo
11What the Prophet Seeks...Defeat Lavos after beating the Tyrano LairNo
12A Slide Show?Defeat Lavos after you see Schala use her pendant, but before you power up yoursNo

Getting to endgame (when the save says "The Fated Hour") takes about 4 hours with fully max characters, avoiding avoidable battles and running from escapable battles.  I really only need to get to that point once, for ending 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.