Monday, June 1, 2009

Newgrounds Wide Layout Issues Followup to the Followup

They discovered the concept of a preferences panel. It's all better. I can go back to having flash not auto-load. Curiously there's a separate autoplay option for flashes with adult content, but if you have regular autoplay turned off it still says "Adult Content" by the play button.

In addition, you can go back to the previous method. Which is nice since some flash authors bitched about the ability to resize their shit so much that they added the ability to disable that when submitting. I'll just rewrite my greasemonkey script that resizes things and haha fuck you.

I still need the style for Stylish to hide the boxes that cover things up, but at least now I can go back to the way things were.

See Facebook? When you change your layout and people bitch about it, instead of ignoring them YOU WORK WITH THEM TO MAKE IT BETTER. User preferences are a good thing.

K-On episode 8 finally introduced Azusa (well, she introduces herself in episode 9, but whatever), the fifth band member. Azusa actually plays guitar, unlike Yui who learned it after joining. K-On has two moeblobs now, it's confusing the hell out of me. There was a pretty funny scene with Mio trying on the cat ears when she didn't think anyone was watching. At my estimation with the current pacing, I say there's only one more concert remaining, and it'll be in episode 13.

I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Basquash almost a week behind the episode release, I think I'll go watch both series' respective episode 9 and fix that. FMA has slowed down to a sane level of pacing, which I guess they paced the beginning as quickly as they did so they could have an ending that wasn't rushed, which to me suggests it's going to be 26 episodes instead of 50, unless they've got some entirely new material to show us. Basquash on the other hand has picked up its pace (and the disguised reverse trap loli princess has met up with the main cast now). Things are definitely getting interesting.

Also, new Haruhi ftw. The new episodes were completely unannounced and are airing in chronological order during a chronologic rerun of the series. The first new episode, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, explains the one thing I'd been wanting explained: The comment in broadcast episode 2 Haruhi made after a little bit of talking to Kyon, "Haven't I met you before? A long time ago?" I won't go into specifics but it's a pretty good episode. If the schedule I found in a reply on CoalGuys' blog is accurate, the next new episode airs on June 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.