Friday, May 29, 2009

Newgrounds Wide Layout Issues Followup

It seems they're actively working on it to some extent. The mystery meat buttons now have a fourth button with an X on it that replaces the flash with a Play button, effectively stopping the flash. I still think the Play button should be there by default (and you should have to voluntarily click it to start the flash up after the page loads), but it's a step in the right direction.

The buttons themselves are a little less mystery meat now, when you click them it puts a description of what you just did on the screen. Now if we can just get that in there when you mouse over the buttons.

They've also put an author credit next to the title of the flash. Lots of flash authors had been complaining about how the new layout basically removes the author credit from immediate view, so I guess that was warranted.

The boxes that obscure parts of the page are still there, so I wrote a quick style in Stylish to hide them. If userstyles.org was functioning properly right now I'd submit it, but it isn't, so I'm not going to.

Other news... let's see.
  • -3 on Story of My Life
  • -6 on Hotel California (Solo A with its blue/orange trill that isn't actually a trill (the second blue clearly sounds like it's being strummed) but is charted as HO/POs anyway)
  • Finally FCed Livin' On A Prayer on Bass (the only issue ever was the very end, it has two slides that sometimes get me)
  • Almost FCed the Chugging Riffs in Hier Kommt Alex
  • Google still hasn't fixed the location of the Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Metro station so they'll be giving proper directions
  • For some reason I'm still not a moderator on Outlawstar.net yet. I guess it's because the site is dying and nobody really cares. Not even me. Whatever.
  • We still haven't taken the few active members we have and made an entirely new general anime community yet. Nobody really wants to pay for hosting it seems. I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.