Monday, June 15, 2009

Papa John's just failed hard.

I've been a fan of Papa Johns' Barbecue Chicken and Bacon pizza for a while now (sans the onions, I like my pizza without heartburn). When they unveiled the whole grain crust, the tastegasm was complete. Every time I ordered it, it was warm, cheesy awesome in a box with pepperoncini and garlic butter.

A couple nights ago I decided to order another one. I don't order pizza all that often, but sometimes there's nothing else that'll satisfy your cravings. So I hopped on their website, logged in, and... WTF, I can't order the pizza with a whole grain crust.

Because we'd been planning on ordering the pizza I hastily ordered it with a regular crust. Drove to the place to get it carryout (it's two blocks away, fuck if I'm paying for delivery). Asked the people there, and sure enough, the whole grain crust has been discontinued. I dropped the "well that's a shame, it was better than the regular crust" line, and left.

There's one part of this I don't understand. Their motto is "Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.", right? Well, whole grains are definitely better than refined ones (both by taste and nutritional value), so... aren't they voluntarily making their pizzas worse?

Later that night, I hopped on Facebook (lol, social networking. I guess I still need to write up why I social network despite not seeing its value) and made a group called "I refuse to buy a Papa John's pizza without a whole grain crust." and invited my entire friends list (even the vegetarians). Only one of my friends has joined so far; and since Facebook fails yet again for not having any way to view outstanding invites and see who's turned it down, so I can only assume the rest of my friends turned it down.

There are probably better things to complain about, but right now if Papa John's wants me to stimulate the economy by buying their product, they'd better bring back the product I want to buy. Otherwise my money will go elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.