Saturday, June 20, 2009

sleep at last

Plumbing's fixed. I have the completely reassuring knowledge that the plumber referred to the valve that broke (the specific brand of which is used all over the house) as a "ticking time bomb". Quest valves just randomly fail apparently. I would have said so from the start just based off of the fact that they're plastic. We're most likely going to have to get the entire house changed over to better chrome valves as a pre-emptive measure.

Plumbing's actually been fixed since about 5:45 PM. The problem happened at 7:30 AM, after which I proceeded to leave message after message on my mom's cell phone. Turns out that in the house in Indiana that they're staying in, the phone doesn't get reception, but outside the house it does. So four whole hours later they call back and the whole thing got set in motion.

I ended up only getting a little over two hours of sleep, from 1 PM or so to around 3:30 when the plumbing company called to say they'd sent someone to come fix it.

And that's it. I've been up since 2 PM Thursday, with only 2.5 hours of sleep since then.

If a specific day's experience in life could have a theme song, this one's theme song is definitely American Hi-Fi's Another Perfect Day.

Then at 6 PM or so, after the problem was fixed and the main water valve long since turned back on, I decided to go ahead and eat dinner instead of going to sleep and messing up my dinner plans. After that, I played some Guitar Hero to take my mind off of things. Fired up GH2 for the hell of it and despite having not played the song in forever I got -1 on Message In A Bottle. The drop was stupid, too. Long before the closing solo, which I FCed and got the entire wtfhax tapping portion (which I don't tap) of Solo D under star power. I followed that up with re-watching the first season of Minami-ke in its entirety.

I should probably go out and get Friday's mail now that I think about it. In fact, I should probably stay up until the newspaper gets here, but I don't know if I can make it that far and I'd rather get sleep and leave the newspaper in the driveway all day than gorge myself on coke zero trying to stay up for another hour and a half.

おやすみなさ~い *yawn* *falls asleep* *isn't enough of a weeaboo to know the Japanese emoticons for those things*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.