Monday, June 1, 2009

HARDWIRED NECK GET

Armed with a Torx T10 screwdriver, scissors, wire strippers, and electrical tape, I successfully combined those four things with my guitar controller and now have 100% reliable fret buttons.

SUC-FUCKING-CESS.

I forgot to put the paper shim back in though, so the wobbly neck feels weird. I might have to do something about that. Also partway through I found that the wire strippers weren't really the right size for the job (20 gauge wire, the strippers I had only went up to 18) but I was able to score the insulation and pull it off with the fingernails I've been neglecting to trim the past few days.

I wouldn't have had to do this had the neck had a female connector for the pins on the body of the guitar, or if the neck hadn't been detachable in the first place. End-users having to fix a shitty controller design manually = fail.

One last time for good measure, whoever came up with the idea for the detachable neck should be shot.

I celebrated with an almost-FC of Slow Ride. I got through the hard part of the final solo only to fuck up the bit after it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.