Friday, May 15, 2009

mixed drink idea

It's kind of a takeoff of a mudslide, but whatever. My whole idea is to take a delicious liquifiable food item (Breyer's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream) and a delicious creamy alcoholic substance (Bailey's Irish Cream) and mix the two in a blender. I have procured the ice cream and the Irish cream. Mixing time is after dinner (a frozen Red Baron pepperoni pizza that I'm adding bacon to) tonight. Parents are conveniently out of town, so I can use the blender (and clean it myself too).

I'm wondering about the proper proportions to use. For a single drink I was thinking a cup of ice cream, but how much Bailey's do I add? I don't want it to be undetectable, but I don't want it to overpower the peanut butter+chocolate goodness either.

I would start with the mudslide recipe off of Wikipedia, but it doesn't list proportions, only the ingredients.

When I think about it, no matter how I mix it, it's going to be delicious.

Also, at parties and gatherings with CAINE I encountered a cheap Kahlua knockoff called Caffé Lolita. Being that I'm more or less an anime nerd at this point, I laugh a bit to myself every time I see a bottle of it, so I picked one up while I was at the ABC store. It's bottom shelf liquor and tastes like it, but whatever.

Hmm, all of the mudslide recipes I'm finding to try and cross reference the ingredient proportions have coffee liqueur in them (specifically Kahlua, but whatever). Maybe it's good that I impulsively bought the Caffé Lolita after all.

Just noticed a separate recipe for "frozen mudslide". Maybe I should have been searching for that instead. It's 2 oz Bailey's and 6 oz Ice cream, or exactly 3:1::ice cream:Bailey's, which was exactly what I was thinking. This is just flat dropping the vodka and Kahlua.

Last but not least, I don't know if this is bad, but when I stopped by Taco Bell to grab some lunch I got order number 256 and laughed. You know, 0x100. 28. I guess it's just a computer geek thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.