Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nando's Peri-Peri Sauces

Hey, I actually have a picture of this one.  It's potato quality because I took it with my phone, in the store, but it's all I've got.


Because jump breaks are awesome, you'll have to continue past the break to actually read my thoughts.

So, because there's a Nando's within walking distance of MAGFest, I've eaten there a few times.  Thus, I kinda already knew what to expect from these sauces.  In that regard, I can say that they didn't disappoint.  I bought a bottle of all three sauces in the picture, and put some of each on corn tortilla chips for sampling.

Across the board, they're all quite flavorful and have a good balance of spice and flavor.  The Garlic variety is in the Medium range on their spice scale, and the garlic is quite noticeable.  The Medium sits, predictably, between the Garlic and the Hot varieties, lacking the garlic but still being delicious anyway.  The Hot variety has a noticeable amount more lemon juice than the rest, but it's still a good flavor.  Also, predictably, the Hot variety is a bit hotter.  Interestingly, all three have pretty much the same ingredients, so the Hot just basically has more of the peppers than the others do.

Overall, if you've never been to Nando's, these sauces will give you a good idea of what you're missing.  Also, get yourself to your nearest Nando's at the earliest available opportunity.  If you have been to Nando's, then these sauces let you have that fine restaurant experience within the comfort of your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.