Thursday, August 26, 2010

Legendary Skill Hunter

Screenshot says it all.


I don't even know how much money I spent on this title.  You get your first two Signets of Capture free from a quest in your character's home campaign.  Then, assuming you don't buy any other skills from skill trainers, your first 20 Signets of Capture would cost 6450 gold.  The cost of a skill from a skill trainer ramps up from 50 gold to 1 platinum (1 platinum = 1000 gold), as shown in the table here.  After your first 20, all the rest are 1 platinum.

So, in the best case scenario, your first 22 skills cost you 6450 gold.  Given that there are 290 elite skills total, the title costs 274,450 gold.  If you add up the numbers from the continents' specific title tracks shown in the screenshot, you'll get an incorrect value (60 too many, to be precise).  This is because 30 of the Tyrian elites are "Core" elites that are available in all campaigns, regardless of whether or not you own Prophecies.  They figured that people limited to a single campaign should be able to fulfill specific party roles that they might be expected to fulfill by people who have more than one, hence some Tyrian elites becoming "Core" elites.

I know for a fact that I didn't have the best case scenario.  I didn't know about Signets of Capture and elite skills when I started my Ranger, so I just happily went around to the different Tyrian trainers buying anything that struck my fancy.  So I definitely paid way more than 274 and a half platinum for the title.  Sadly, that's not the most I've ever paid for something in-game.  I never kept track of what I spent for that either, and to make it worse, the price of the required items changes based on supply and demand (also, they're available as extremely rare drops in high-risk/high-reward areas).

So yeah.  Glad to have that done.  Also now any of my other characters that want an elite skill can just use an Elite tome to get it, and all of my characters' heroes can use every elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.