Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Season Anime

It's been a while since I posted about anime...


Okay, my genius self uploaded a thumbnail of the image instead of the actual image. Fixed.

The summer season has some sequels I'm looking forward to, and a new show that caught my eye.  I typically max out at three shows per season because I get overwhelmed otherwise.  Winter season I was watching four shows (FMA: Brotherhood, which ENDS IN THREE EPISODES YAY, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Chu-Bra!!, and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) and I got really far behind in them several times.

In addition I had a huge backlist that technically still isn't empty, but I got the majority of the stuff done.  Mostly the shorter series and OAVs I'd been putting off watching.  All I've been actively watching that aired during Spring season is FMA: Brotherhood and K-ON!!.  Archived for marathon enjoyment were B Gata H Kei and Kiss x Sis (both the OAV and the TV series).

But, to return to the topic of this post: Summer season.

The two sequels I'll be watching are Strike Witches 2 and Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~.  The original Strike Witches was a part of my aforementioned huge backlog and was a pretty good series.  I dunno if the series having been taken away from Gonzo is going to affect things.  We all saw the disaster that became of the second Minami-ke series most of us would just like to forget exists if not for some Hosaka moments.  Even they don't save it.

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ is the long-awaited continuation to the series.  Seriously, I don't know if it was just bad planning or what.  The last episode of the first season on my hard drive has a datestamp of 9/18/2008.  It's been almost two fucking years that we've been on this cliffhanger.  Main character and main character's love interest about to meet and discover that they're now enemies...  The "oh fuck" kind of dies off after two years.  That is, if they remember the previous plot at all.  Judging by the recent article on Sankaku (with screenshots), it looks like it's going to be mostly an ecchi show.  It was always ecchi, but please don't forget the previous story you set up, okay?  Oh and more Matsu.

The new show that caught my eye is High School of the Dead.  From the summary in that image above, it sounds like it ought to be pretty fun.  A small group of students (and a nurse) trying to survive after the zombie apocalypse?  I like the general zombie survival concept, so I should enjoy it.  One might follow up by asking why I've never played any of the Resident Evil games.  lol

2 comments:

  1. Yeah..I can't really see it either....



    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lol, I saved a thumbnail of it instead of the actual image.

    I feel stupid.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.