Monday, January 26, 2009

stuff I should have already done by now

Since this most recent wallpaper update, I've been going through adding the resolution and aspect ratio to each thumbnail's tooltip. If you've just discovered this now and are checking some of them out, you may wonder why I list some wallpapers as being both 8:5 and 16:10. THEY'RE THE SAME ASPECT RATIO. Some people just don't understand that. Hence why 4scrape has both 8:5 and 16:10 search options. Because people actually complained that they couldn't search for 16:10 wallpapers when 8:5 was the only one of the two in the list. Seriously though. Divide 8 by 5, then divide 16 by 10. You'll get 1.6 in both cases.

Anyway, yeah. You can find a wallpaper that'll fit your screen by choosing any of the ones whose aspect ratio matches that of the resolution you're using. Just divide the width by the height and you'll get it.

I really should have hardwired my guitar controller by now. I've had this Torx T-10 screwdriver just sitting here since I posted about it before. However, it's lost some of its purpose as my whammy bar gave out a few days ago. Opened it up hoping I could just put the spring back on and continue on with life, but no. The bit of plastic (yes, plastic) that pushes the other two bits of plastic (sigh) that hold the spring in place broke off entirely. If only RedOctane would actually make a decent fucking controller. GuitarHeroParts.com only has some of the whammy assembly parts, but their limited inventory happens to exclude both the motion sensor (which was defective when I opened the box) and the plastic bit that broke :(

The whammy probably broke because of how I had to use it to actually whammy things. Shame. Since it only picked up motion when I pushed the whammy bar past halfway down, I had to whammy like a motherfucker to get star power.

In spite of that, I got a new personal best score (~208K-ish, I believe) on The Way It Ends and I finally fucking full comboed Closer. I could have gotten more points on Closer (I actually have a higher non-FC score), but somehow I inadvertently squeezed the first note of the second to last SP phrase into my second activation (and thus overwrote the phrase) without realizing it, as I hadn't inspected the note chart or the optimum SP path. I was just activating whenever the 3 note chords began. Apparently I strum too early, my front end squeezes are just that good, or it was some weird thing to do with the timing window because I think I hit the note on time. Had I known it began an SP phrase I would've strummed late or activated in a different spot or something. Oh well.

For a complete change of pace, I was playing some Namco Museum on my PS2. Specifically, the unlockable puzzle game called Pac-Attack. It's been forever since I started Puzzle Mode on that and I just now reached level 90 (of 100). I've actually got a piece of paper stuck in the game manual that has various level passwords written on it, since it doesn't save anything.

The two unlockable games in Namco Museum, Pac-Attack and Pac-Mania, aren't all that difficult to unlock, and the manual even tells you how. Score 25000 points on Pac-Man to get Pac-Attack and 20000 points on Ms. Pac-Man to get Pac-Mania. You may wish to get Pac-Mania first, as Ms. Pac-Man is an easier game than Pac-Man is. You can make Pac-Man easier by being cheap and just running around getting all the dots, largely ignoring the ghosts, and getting the fruits. I unlocked both of these for a friend on the Xbox version fairly easily a week or so ago, it's not that hard.

WEDNESDAY EDIT: I GOT 212K (ALMOST 213K) ON THE WAY IT ENDS LAST NIGHT. WHAT THE FUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.