Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yet Another Anime Season

No fancy chart this time around, I don't feel like getting it and uploading it.

This season I really only planned to watch To Aru Majutsu no Index 2 (A Certain Magical Index 2), but somehow Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute!) snuck in there.  Since you'll need to have seen Index to really follow Index 2, I guess I'll just elaborate on Ore no Imouto.

Despite what you might infer from its name, it's not an ecchi show.  I mean, for that subject, we already have Kiss x Sis, right?  Rather, it's about a guy who discovers that his little sister, who does well in school and is popular and so forth, is secretly a massive otaku.  To make things even more fun, their parents are basically prejudiced against anyone into anime/manga/etc.

Index 2 hasn't aired yet, and only one episode of Ore no Imouto has aired, so there's not really a lot I can say.

Also, I watched Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works.  The exposition covers some things the anime covers, but in less detail, then it gets on to its own stuff, which is pretty awesome.  We find out who Archer is (as in, his real name, which is of course a spoiler).  Overall, if you liked the anime, you should like the movie.  Of course, if you've played the visual novel, then chances are you pretty much know what's going to happen, as Unlimited Blade Works is one of the routes in it.  I haven't played the visual novel, so I don't know much more about it than that.

Maybe next season (winter season) we'll get the last Negima OAV episode?

Edit: Oh and add Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt to the list.  It's a pretty funny show, with an animation style more like Powerpuff Girls.  So similar that Jhonen Vasquez had to comment on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.