Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back to My Name Is Jonas

I figured the only way I could ever FC the song is if I, you know, play it. Which I'd been kinda neglecting to do. So for the next few days I'll be focusing on it until I get the FC.

My best non-overstrum run is a -3. Here's the note chart, showing the star power path I'm using. Star Power highlighted in green gets picked up, notes highlighted in blue are the activations, and the three notes highlighted in red are the 3 I'm missing.


Yeah, they're during a star power activation :(

You might look at that and wonder why I'm missing those three notes in particular, so I'll tell you. I know exactly why. It's less of a "I can't hit them" problem, and more of a "I'm thinking about the hand shift that has to happen right around here and failing to hit the notes while trying to get my hand shifted" problem. Sometimes I miss at the second occurrence of this same hand shift, but most of the time I don't.

There's a few ways that hand change can happen, and I've found a couple that let me actually hit that part. For reference, the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 correspond to the index, middle, ring, and pinky fingers, respectively, and the single letters are the first letter of each note color.

This works, but can be on the uncomfortable side:
G-B-R-R-O-B
1-4-2-2-4-3

This also works, but I have to be thinking about it ahead of time:
G-B-R-R-O-B
1-3-1-1-4-3

This is what I'm trying to do that messes me up:
G-B-R-R-O-B
1-4-2-1-4-3

It seems weird that I miss there but at none of the other hand shifts that go up the neck, but the first one can be done at the very beginning of the 3 note chords (hitting them 1+2+3 instead of 1+3+4) and the other one just sorta happens without me even thinking about it. The shifts back down the neck aren't a problem.

I practiced the solos (actually Bridge-Solo 1-Interlude 1-Solo 2-Interlude 2 just to bring them into context) until I began hitting that change regularly, so hopefully I shouldn't be plagued by -3 runs for too much longer.

Last but not least, the note chart came from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.