Sunday, February 15, 2009

ClearType is neat

Here's a side by side comparison of what my blog looks like with it both off and on.

ClearType offClearType on

Don't be fooled, I didn't make those screenshots on VistAIDS or Windows 7. I installed the ClearType Tuner PowerToy for Windows XP. So now I have sexy antialiased text. While I was at it I also installed the Alt+Tab replacement, which is pretty neat when it can actually give a meaningful thumbnail of the window but most of the time just gives you the title bar. Last but not least, I've been having problems with TweakUI lately, so I reinstalled it, but it didn't fix it. It always seems to freeze whenever I try to make it do something. The settings changes it will change them and then freeze, but if I try to rebuild the explorer icon cache (because I was messing with icons for video files after updating CCCP and it fucked them up), it just freezes and doesn't do it. So, bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.