Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hiccup Cured

Went to Best Buy, got brand new 600 watt power supply, removed old one, vaccuumed out some dust, installed new power supply, computer's back up and running.

My mom, who despite having a degree in computer science doesn't know a heck of a lot about technology, was amazed at how quickly a new power supply can be installed.  It took about 15 minutes, vaccuuming included.

Anyway, it's great to have my own computer working again so I don't have to constantly borrow the other two computers in the house to get important web browsing and YouTube-watching done.  I suppose that's a point of contention, that during the death period of my power supply, I actually finished catching up on my MAGFest-related YouTube backlog and stayed current on new videos.  Go me, I guess.

For what it's worth, I actually kinda like watching YouTube on the downstairs TV, relaxing on the couch and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.