Friday, March 16, 2012

FarmRich frozen snack foods

I don't know why I didn't notice this stuff on the frozen aisle sooner.  Essentially, what you get is a bag full of snack-size food.  Perfect, right?

Well, yes.  Yes it is.

There's too many varieties for me to remember, but I don't really need to comment on every single one.  Everything I've had so far (that Giant stocks, and a bit of what I can only get at Wal-Mart) is awesome.  However, I will mention specific things that are notable.

I mentioned the Mini Bacon Cheeseburgers in a previous post, so go read that.

The Mozzarella Cheese Bites are one of the best varieties, in the opinions of both me and a friend of mine.  If you need bite-size snacks, these will do quite nicely.

I will say that the meatball varieties really, really, really need a slow cooker.  They're okay baked in an oven, but you're going to get the most out of them when you put them in a slow cooker with some sauce of whatever variety you like best.  That might be a bit more effort than you want to exert for a snack, but it makes it better for parties and other large gatherings.  If you still plan on baking them in your oven, make sure you use a pan with actual sides, like a 13x9 brownie pan, because they do have a fair amount of oil and fire has an uncanny ability to ruin your day.

The stuffed pretzel cheese bites were a lot better than the previous ones I reviewed, in the same post as the Mini Bacon Cheeseburgers.  No weird texture or aftertaste, and the cooking directions work without modification.

If you wonder just how large of a snack you're getting, well, look at the package.  Some varieties have upwards of 40 or 50 of whichever they are in the package.  Anything other than the meatballs has directions for half the package as well as the full package.

Overall, you can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.