Thursday, October 27, 2011

More anime backlog

Finally getting to the last few bits of it.  I honestly don't know why I keep putting this stuff off.  There's going to be some stuff from my re-watch list in here as well.  Everything that's on the re-watch list will be noted as such.  The re-watch list is less prioritized than the backlog, for purposes of maintaining sanity.  Also, because clarification is good when it's needed, I have notes below the list to hopefully accomplish that exact purpose.

Also, jump break, because why not.

Stuff I've watched so far, in the order I watched it:
  • Minami-ke (the only season that exists) (re-watch list)
  • Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Matsuri
  • Kiss x Sis OAV (see note below, note encompasses this and the TV series)
  • Kiss x Sis TV
Stuff still left to watch, in alphabetical order:
  • Asobi ni Iku Yo!
  • Boogiepop Phantom (re-watch list)
  • Ghost Stories (waiting on myself, to remux all episodes and set the dub+dubtitles as the default)
  • Gundam 00 movie (everyone says it was disappointing, but I finish what I start...)
  • K-ON! and K-ON!! (also quite likely Ura-On! and Ura-On!!) (re-watch list) (see note below)
  • Love Hina (re-watch list) (see note below)
  • Lucky Star (re-watch list)
  • Sekirei (the whole thing) (considering dropping, see note below)
  • Serial Experiments Lain (re-watch list)
  • Shingetsutan Tsukihime (the anime that the internet collectively denies the existence of, in the list due to morbid curiosity, also disclaimer I haven't read the visual novel)
  • Solty Rei (re-watch list)
  • Steel Angel Kurumi (re-watch list)
  • To Aru ______ no ______ (I have this in the list as "To Aru Anime no Marathon") (re-watch list) (see note below)
  • Vandread (re-watch list) (see note below)
Kiss x Sis: I wanted to watch this ever since I heard about it, and after having watched it, I honestly can't say why it took me so long to get around to watching it.  It's absolutely hilarious.  The main theme is non-blood-related wincest (Keita's father married Ako and Riko's mother), but that works its way around the other theme of Keita studying to get into the high school his sisters go to.  It seems they achieved the right balance between the two.  The OAV and TV series actually take place concurrently, and I haven't yet worked out exactly what goes where chronologically.  Also, it has a small harem element, which is small because it's so heavily skewed towards Ako and Riko, but it provides enough laughs to be notable.  One thing I really like is that Keita isn't spineless and will put random background female characters wanting to start shit in their place, as he does in the beginning of the OAV.

K-ON! et al: I have Frostii's subs of the entire thing.  For anyone who wasn't aware, their BD release of the first season contains two subtitle tracks, one localized, and the other not.  I've gone through and remuxed all the episodes of the first season to swap the default subtitle track to the non-localized ones.  Because reading "Mentor Yui" when Azu-nyan says "Yui-senpai" just feels wrong.

Love Hina: This entry encompasses the main season, episode 25, both movies, and Love Hina Again.  Basically, it means I'm just getting out the Love Hina Perfect Collection DVD set.

Sekirei: This entry encompasses all of Sekirei released to date.  Both seasons, and that crappy little 10 minute OAV.  That said, I really want to just not bother.  It was over two years between the first and second seasons.  On top of that, I waited for the Blurays of the second season because it was just being massacred by censors.  Now, I don't really feel like watching it because it seems like the somewhat decent, if cookie-cutter plot they set up just got thrown to the back so they could do more fanservice, and then in the last few episodes go "oh shit plot right" and rush a half-assed ending with a "to be continued" message at the end.  Plus, I hear that the second season ends in yet another "to be continued" and I don't feel like waiting 2-3 years for another season only to discover that I'll have to wait again, and so forth...

To Aru Anime no Marathon: I haven't yet decided the order in which I'll watch these.  Should I go with the order they were broadcasted in, i.e. Index, Railgun, then Index 2, or should I watch Index, then Index 2, and finally Railgun?  I believe some things from Railgun were referenced by Index 2, at least in passing...

Vandread: Whenever I mention Vandread I'm referring to both Vandread and Vandread: The Second Stage.  It's not complete without both of them...

Overall, I'm very motivated to get through the rest of the backlog, so it ought to be done in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.