Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall 2011 Anime

I'm only watching two shows this season.

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - The followup to the very well-received first season, and it's still got the same humor it had before.  I'm enjoying this season thoroughly.  The only downside is that the new OP/ED aren't as good as the ones from the first season.  The EDs in this season maintain the tradition from the first season, of being different per episode.

Fate/Zero - Set in the fourth Holy Grail War.  Other than that, fairly similar to Fate/Stay Night.  Seven masters, seven servants, fight to the death, winners get the Holy Grail.  The masters are different since this takes place ten years before Fate/Stay Night, and some of the servants are different as well.  In fact, most of them are.  The only one that's the same is Saber.  The first episode is 45 minutes long.  You'll want to watch Fate/Stay Night before this.

I was thinking I might watch one or two other things, but nothing else really jumped out at me and all the series I hear people talking about are generic fanservice series with only a bare shell of a plot.  The only other series I'd considered was Gundam AGE, which I'm hearing mixed opinions about.

I seem to say this every season, but maybe I'll go through some of my backlog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.