Monday, December 13, 2010

IT FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN

RELATED FUCKING POSTS: http://xt-8147.blogspot.com/2009/06/sleep-at-last.html
http://xt-8147.blogspot.com/2009/06/fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.html

This time it was the valve under the kitchen sink.  You know, in my post about the last one I mentioned that the plumber said these fucking valves were ticking time bombs, right?  That's exactly what I told my dad.  His response: He got two valves replaced.  The one that had to be emergency-replaced, and the one on my toilet.  The plumber recommended replacement for the entire house.

We can go on like this if you want, dad.  It'll be the most expensive game of "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" ever.

Water's off, parents asleep, and the best part is both my parents need to shower when they get up.  Sucks to be them.

I've got two hours until my mom gets up, until then I get to dry the kitchen floor.

Further edits as events unfold.

Edit 1: well, dad made a temporary fix involving duct tape.  When they leave for work I'm going to turn the water off again just so I don't have to fucking worry and can get some goddamn sleep.

Edit 2: for whatever reason the plumber can't get here until Thursday.  So this duct tape fix has to last until whenever in the afternoon they feel like showing up.  At least this time my dad's going to spring for the full-house replacement.

Edit 3: and yes I already dropped the "aren't you glad I haven't moved out yet?" bomb.  If I hadn't been here, water would have been spewing into the kitchen (and leaking through into the basement... our house was constructed awesomely like that) for around 2.5 hours before anyone would have noticed.  So basically I saved us a ton of money by still living here and being awake at 2 AM.  Now to get my dad to realize that.

Edit 4: and then to find a job that pays well enough that I can move out so I never have to deal with my dad ever again.

Edit 5: the plumber showed up today and replaced the broken valve.  Apparently the other ones are a different size or something and couldn't be replaced today.

Edit 6 (December 27th): apparently the estimate the plumber gave for replacing all the other valves was unreasonable, and my dad, being an engineer and noticing it would be far cheaper to do it himself, is going to do it himself.  All an engineer needs to do anything is proper tools, the materials, and a general understanding of how it's done.  Pretty much why most engineers stay single longer, since love is not a system that one can learn and operate within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.