Monday, December 6, 2010

Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza

I wouldn't have even bothered with this, but we got a checkout coupon and I figured "why the hell not?"

Looking at the varieties that Giant carries, I picked the one that looked the best on its picture: the Pizza Generosa.  The Mozzarella one just didn't look right, and who the fuck puts spinach on pizza?

Just looking at the package, it's kind of strange.  There's an upside down fork stuck into the middle of the slice of pizza.  To make it even more strange, the perspective is off.  Nobody stabs a piece of pizza with a fork to eat it.  Nobody.

Anyway, now that I'm done nitpicking about the box...  This may be the first frozen pizza I've found that has a reasonable oven cooking time, of 10-12 minutes at 425.  The directions actually specifically say to leave the pizza in the freezer while the oven is preheating.  Most instructions leave that part up to the person following them.  They use some weird symbols for different oven types, I'm not entirely sure what they're supposed to represent.  The most prominent one says 425, so that's the one I used.

The Pizza Generosa variety has pepperoni, various different colors of bell peppers, and onions.  All of their varieties appear to be thin crust, sadly, which may be contributing to the reasonable bake time.

Looking at the serving size, it appears as though they're six-piece people.  The serving size is a third of the pizza.  The pizza itself is quite small, only measuring 9.5 inches in diameter.

If there is tomato sauce on this pizza, it's undetectable.  The rest of the toppings seem good though.

Overall, I don't know if I'd get it again (I haven't been eating a lot of frozen pizza lately), but it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.