Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Conventional Survey

I guess since I got tagged on this on Facebook it's now customary for me to fill it out and tag some other people or something. I don't really get these "social networking" circle jerks, but whatever. This one has the added quirk of having been posted on my blog and then automatically imported to Facebook as a note, like all my other blog posts.

I guess this means I have to work out who to tag on this shit.

As always, extra formatting to enhance readability is available if you view this on my blog. I didn't format the survey into a proper HTML ordered list because that would mess up copying it to erase my answers and put your own.

1. How many times have you been to a convention?
Oh fuck, you're going to make me count? *turns around and looks at his con badges* Ten.

2. Do you sleep at conventions?
Yes, though depending on the con I may skip a night...

3. Do you eat?
Yes, of course I do. If it weren't for food I wouldn't be here today. What kind of question is this? The REAL question should be "Do you shower?", to which my answer is also yes.

4. Are you shameless at conventions?
Actually I'm about as reserved as I am elsewhere in real life.

5. On average, how much money do you spend?
Depends on what I'm buying, where we go to eat, etc. I'd say $100 or less. I tend to buy more of the less expensive things as opposed to less of the more expensive things. Though I did pounce on an import copy of Vib Ribbon at MAGFest 4, to the point that I had the dealer hold on to it for me while I ran to the ATM to pull out some money. Also relevant: there are only two ATMs in the nation I can use without transaction fees, and they're right across the street from each other. Shitty credit union ftl.

6. Do you go to conventions to pick up people?
No. Most females I've seen at conventions have either been overweight cosplayers or already have boyfriends. Maybe I'm just not in the right place at the right time...

7. Do you go to conventions to bang people?
No.

8. How much cellulite do you see when you go to conventions?
Overweight Yuna cosplayers, check. Also every time I look down I see my stomach.

9. Do you cosplay?
Only if dressing in a t-shirt and denim jeans counts as cosplaying Keiichi from Ah! My Goddess.

10. Does your cosplay show a lot of skin?
My regular clothes don't, so no.

11. Is your cosplay the epitome of badassery?
I'd have to do a real cosplay first.

12. Do you wait in line for things...ie; dealer's room, panels, autographs, ceremonies?
If it's awesome enough, I'll wait in line for it.

13. How many friends have you met from conventions?
I've got a few random con friends. Mostly (read: 100%) at MAGFest. I see them online throughout the rest of the year. IRC FTW.

14. Have you ever been drunk at a convention?
Yes. It's fun.

15. Name your conventions:
Katsucon 10, 11, 12, 13
Otakon 2004 (L'arc~en~Ciel concert w00t!) (getting dehydrated in the reg line not woot.)
MAGFest 4, 5, 6, 7 (staffed 5, 6, and 7)
Nekocon 11

16. Do you go to conventions alone or with a bunch of people?
MAGFest, alone. All the others, with people. I find that there's enough awesomeness at MAGFest to offset the "loneliness" of going alone.

17. Get your own room or mooch off of someone?
MAGFest 4 was in Charlottesville, so I just drove home when I needed sleep. 5, 6, and 7 have had staff crash rooms. The rest, I split a room with people to cut down on cost.

18. Ever partied hard with a voice actor?
No.

19. Taken a picture with Silent Bob?
No.

20. Jay too?
No.

21. Gotten home to find out you've lost weight from walking around so DAMN much?
I wish.

22. Hugged random people?
No.

23. Kissed random people?
No.

24. Stalked someone who was cosplaying your favorite character?
No.

25. Gotten a g/f or b/f out of a convention?
No.

26. Hooked up with someone?
No.

27. Tell the truth now... seriously.
Really, no.

28. Had a temporary convention love that ended by Monday morning?
No.

29. Raved until you fell over?
I'm not a raver. I wouldn't mind going to one of these things if there was actually music I'd heard before instead of shitty techno. It's hard to rock out to music you've never heard before. You have to do the generalized "I don't know the structure of this song" rocking out pattern and everybody can tell that's what you're doing, so none of the hot chicks ever come over to you.

30. Flirted with a dealer to get a discount?
No.

31. Taken pictures of people?
Somehow I always manage to not have a camera at conventions. I don't own one (and I don't have a cell phone, part of the elite few) so I'd have to get one of those funsavers and deal with film and not having the pictures in digital format. No thanks.

32. Had your picture taken?
Yeah actually, at Katsucon 10 someone randomly decided they wanted to take a picture of me when I was wearing my "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" shirt.

33. Gone to a photo shoot?
No.

34. Planned a photo shoot?
No.

35. Been stalked?
Not that I'm aware of.

36. Been annoyed by someone?
Oh sure. Most of it passing annoyance though.

37. Done the annoying?
Not that I'm aware of.

38. Had fun at a convention?
If I go to a convention and don't have fun, its name would have to be Katsucon 13.

39. Had such a miserable time you wanted to leave but didn't?
Well, I almost turned around and drove home trying to get to Katsucon 13. Shame on me for not parking at a metro station I guess.

40. Gotten in a fight?
No.

41. Tried to stage a fight?
No.

42. Success?
No.

43. Freaked out when you saw one of your most favorite characters?
I don't remember doing so, but my memory is kinda bad.

44. Someone freaked out when they saw your cosplay?
I'd have to cosplay first.

45. Hung out with random people that you'd just met?
Yeah, some Icelandic guys that were at MAGFest 5. I went with them and a group of random attendees to McDonald's because the Icelanders hadn't been there before and wanted to go. They were cool.

Though I guess any given MAGFest qualifies as "hanging out with random people you've just met".

46. Reunited with a friend?
No.

47. Broken off with a friend?
Not at a convention, no. He broke off with me by forfeiting real life for World of Warcraft.

48. Cried at a convention?
No, but I have had seasonal allergies at more Katsucons than I care to count. Well, I guess it's four since I've only ever been to four of them. Having to cope with seasonal allergies at a convention = teh suck.

49. Saved trash from stuff you bought?
Meh.

50. Eaten ramen and drunk ramune like they were air?
I've had (overpriced) ramune at Otakon, it's okay I guess but there isn't enough of it in the bottle and I'm not rich enough to buy it by the case or anything. As for ramen, the stuff is salt soup with noodles added, so no thanks. If there exists a no salt ramen somewhere, SOMEBODY FUCKING TELL ME. I'm aware the vast majority of the salt is in the seasoning, but ramen without seasoning is like nachos without cheese.

I did, however, buy a lot of Leninade from the dealer that was selling it at MAGFest 7.

51. Slept in the same bed as someone you've only known a few hours?
No.

52. Made any money?
No.

53. Made someone else money?
If spending it in the dealer's room counts, then yes.

54. Sick of this survey?
Yeah actually.

55. Okay...last question. Favorite convention you've ever been to?
MAGFest (okay, who didn't see that coming)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.