Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm a moron

Last night before going to bed, I changed my configuration for Minami-ke Okawari in Azureus' RSS Feed Scanner, to look at the feed coming directly from scarywater instead of the one coming from animesuki. When I get up, I notice it's downloaded episodes 7-9. I go "wtf, I already have those" and tell it to delete, then immediately facepalm as I realize I just deleted episodes 7-9 off of my hard drive. So now they're re-downloading.

Otherwise, I'm just surfing the internet and listening to Guns and Roses. I found FLAC of four of their albums (Appetite for Destruction, Lies, and Use Your Illusion I and II) a while back. They're in that weird .cue+.flac format, but I don't really care seeing as how Foobar2000 can read the .cue and burnatonce can be made to burn a proper audio CD if I ever need one.

So this new season of anime is interesting. I've watched the first episodes of two shows now, Sekirei and Strike Witches. Strike Witches apparently had an OAV a while back, but whatever. Sekirei is one of those "master and servant, battle royale" series like Fate/Stay Night. Strike Witches, well, none of the females seem to wear anything below the waist, they can use magic, and when they do so they sprout ears and tail. I'm kinda used to ears and tail from watching Kanokon, but it still surprised me. There's this whole post-apocalyptic thing going on, where a mysterious enemy came in and went "RAWWWWR YOU DIE". The only way they can be defeated is through these mechanical combat suits that amplify the wearer's magic, and of course the only people who wear them are female. Oddly reminiscent of Mai-Otome in a way, except I'm guessing there'll be less yuri.

Still up to watch are the first two episodes of Telepathy Shoujo Ran and the first episode of Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora. Long title is long.

Also, I wish Doremi would release Mnemosyne 5. I know, you're like "eww, Doremi, a Chinese speed-subber?" Here's the story. I downloaded A-E/Ureshii's release of episode 5 just so I could watch it, but their video quality is atrocious (also xvid, this is probably why). Doremi's subs are getting better and better, and their video quality was awesome (though it was divx 5, so... better encoder settings I guess. It would be truly orgasmic if they'd JUST FUCKING USE H.264). Also, why did they have to make both episode 4 and 5 of Mnemosyne end on cliffhangers? Regardless, eagerly awaiting episode 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.