Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Anime Season

Watching:
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - The first season was a good mix of action, comedy, and ecchi harem.  This second season looks to be much of the same.  No complaints.  I especially loved the bit at the beginning of the first episode where they used the OP from the first season.
  • To aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Just like the first season of Railgun, it kicked off with an excellent first episode where Misaka fires her signature attack at the climactic moment.  Definitely looking forward to more (and of course any and all screen time for Saten is appreciated).
  • Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san - I was drawn into this one by the description in the anime season charts, which has led me astray in the past, but seems to be pretty solid here.  It's a lighthearted comedy, and offsets the other things I'm watching quite well.  The episodes are also only 12 minutes long, including the OP, end credits, and preview.  Also, hopefully the existence of the anime adaptation for this will spur some interest in scanlations of the manga, because there are none.
Still checking out, but looking good enough to continue:
  • Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - I grabbed the first episode just to check it out.  I was thinking "oh, the male protagonist will meet the female protagonist, something will happen regarding their circumstances, they'll end up in a mostly ecchi relationship, and it'll be a fanservice series".  That's quite pleasantly not what it is.  The male protagonist is still a massive pervert, but there's a weird supernatural power at work and there seems to be a decent storyline.  Now we just have to see if they squander it for the standard "first few episodes serious, last few episodes serious, and the middle is ecchi fanservice filler".

    Also, currently watching gg's subs for this.  I don't really care too much for them because they have a tendency to trollsub everything "because it's not a serious series so who cares about a serious translation?".  Well, I care.  Fuck you.  There's always HorribleSubs.
Intrigued me because I had a similar idea but I haven't actually been watching it:
  • Photo Kano - A while back I had an idea (that I am very sure is by no means original) involving something similar to the premise for this series.  I'm interested in it for that reason alone, just to see where this series takes the idea.  From screenshots I can deduce it's mostly fanservice (although I'm sure that's a fairly skewed representation of what goes on), which would be right in line with what I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.