Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rogue Galaxy Post-Game Session 9

I'm trying to see if I can finish Ghost Ship Extreme in three sessions of roughly 30 levels each.  Since last session was a bit short because I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open, this session will hopefully make up for that and get me to the floor 60 range.

I've read from guides that there are shops every 30 floors, so at last I know I'll come upon one in six floors.

So far it doesn't seem particularly difficult, just long and drawn out.  The boss battles I've faced on every tenth floor so far have been harder than the random encounters.  According to guides I find though, I'm a bit overlevelled, which is Just The Way I Like It™.  Depending on how much levelling I have left as I get towards the end, I might stop progressing upwards and just farm XP for a while so I can max everyone out.

--- session happened here ---

Okay, well, what did I learn from this session?  First, it's completely possible to fill in the Hunter Record for Ghost Ship Extreme on your first playthrough without even specifically trying for it.  Second, heavily armored, hard-hitting, fast-attacking enemies who must be hit with a charge attack before they can be hit with anything else are annoying as fuck.  Third, the bosses in GSE can be spam-killed just like the bosses anywhere else.  The boss on floor 60 is a fuckton of bugs.  No joke.  Rather than hunt down and kill each one individually, I used Jaster, Kisala, and Zegram's Supernova three times.

And that's where I'm leaving it for this session, having saved in the first room of the 61st floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.