Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Backlog Gone!

The one remaining thing was the Gundam 00 movie, which I watched last night along with a metric fuckton of other stuff.  Seriously, my computer was decoding video for 12 hours straight (with breaks for food/bathroom, duh).

That 12 hours contained:
  • Carnival Phantasm 5-7
  • Fate/Zero 7 (Rider = most awesome servant ever)
  • Gundam 00 movie
  • and the last six hours of the Far Lands or Bust livestream archive.  My guess for the contest ended up being pretty close (the extra four hours added by donations helped), we'll see if it was close enough to win eventually, once Kurt organizes all the entries.
Also, because of the CAINE theme showing last Saturday, I picked up a new series.  The theme was "Srsly, wtf am I watching".  Someone brought an episode of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.  I'd been thinking about watching that from the start, and was confused when all the fanart I saw go by on Sankaku Channel was just the series' female characters in bathing suits.  But this one episode sealed the deal, so to speak.  It introduced the character that I already know will be my favorite.  Meganekko science girl with no social inhibition.  So, I downloaded the OAV and what's out so far, and I'll probably watch all of that later tonight.

Overall I'm glad my backlog is finally fucking empty.  I hope to keep it that way.

Oh, what did I bring to the theme showing, you ask?  Yuri Seijin Naoko-san, which I immediately thought of when the theme was announced, and Rejected.  Yuri Seijin inflicted bouts of WTF on everyone for its relatively short six-minute runtime, and Rejected is just awesome and needs to be shown periodically, and I figured it might be wtf-inducing enough to bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.