Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dvorak sucks balls

This is really weird.

My keyboard is set to dvorak.

And I moved all the keys around to match the layout.

Sure, dvorak makes the common letters easy to hit.

But those poor lesser-used letters are hand-crampingly hard.

Dvorak sucks balls.

Also my keyboard is gay (a common thing for microsoft keyboards) and has F and J keys whose posts are rotated 90 degrees from all the rest, which makes my F, J, U, and H keys sideways. Also my keyboard has a slight slope that I didn't notice until I started rearranging the keys, which means it's extremely irregular right now.

Actually, dvorak is self-describing. The word "shit" can be typed without leaving the home row.

And Firefox doesn't respect the layout setting, which means pasting the above text and typing this sentence was extra fun. Actually, as long as I don't look at the keyboard, I can type just fine. Maybe I should get a blank keyboard.

2 comments:

  1. if your keys are off like that it was probably rigged to D'vorak. pop the keys out and set them to qwerty. then change the settings on your OS. when i converted to D'vorak my keys would not fit either.

    and aint all bad, just takes getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh...

    I was really just playing around with it on a whim. I had the OS set to dvorak and moved the keys on my keyboard to match. But then Firefox wanted to be weird and not recognize it, so I was typing qwerty with the physical keys om my keyboard set to dvorak.

    also, lol @ delay between when you posted your comment and when I noticed it in the comment moderation panel.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.