Saturday, September 1, 2018

Octopath Traveler: Session 3

Recruited Olberic straight away, he's probably the least interesting character to me.  Typical story of war and betrayal, seeking revenge.  His path action is Challenge, which is basically the same as H'aanit's Provoke.

Immediately left to continue around the "donut" to Sunshade, where I questioned the locals with Cyrus and did some side quests.  Slowly beginning to figure those out.  Hopefully before too long I'll have the vast majority of the "donut" towns' side quests done.

Pressed on from Sunshade to Clearbrook and recruited Alfyn.  Being an apothecary, his story involves a life of mixing medicinal remedies for people.  His reason for wanting to travel the world is similar to Tressa's in that it's more out of curiosity than anything else.  In battle, he can mix ingredients together to make various concoctions.  If you remember the Salve-Maker from Bravely Default or the Patissier from Bravely Second, it's basically the same deal.  His path action is Inquire, which works like Cyrus' Scrutinize, but without the failure chance.  As much as the reputation thing seems interesting and all, I think I'll stick with the thing that lets me avoid it entirely.

Ventured from there up to Bolderfall where Therion the thief awaits, but that'll be in session 4.  Yeah, this session was a bit shorter than the previous two.  I spent most of it playing Chapter 1 for Olberic and Alfyn after having recruited them, and given that I'm not delving too far into the stories (play the game yourself!), there isn't really much to talk about.  I'm thinking I may have more to talk about for a given session once I have all the characters and just have to explore and do side quests before taking on main quests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.