Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Almost done job grinding

As the previous post might have suggested, I've been grinding up all the jobs I have available in Bravely Default.  There are two reasons behind this: first, I was having trouble with the keystone dragons and thought I'd need a different party setup, and second, I wanted to have all my options available.

Now that the grinding is nearing a close, I've had a look through all the abilities I've unlocked and there seem to be a fair number of options available for taking the keystone dragons down.  I'm sticking with a party of mages, but even then, there are ways that I can completely nullify elemental damage for the entire party for multiple turns, which is good enough.

Once I finish grinding up Templar, I'll see about killing the keystone dragons and getting Vampire, and then running all around getting the Vampire's genome abilities.  Once I'm done with Vampire, I'll have Conjurer and Dark Knight left to get and grind up, and then I can think about end-game party setups.

I do plan on doing a post about the other popular money farming build, involving the Merchant ability Big Pharma.  I just need to get it set up and put into action.  I don't expect it to make money faster than stealing Elixirs off of Mammon and selling them with Salesman, but it does have the advantage of being able to run in Auto mode while I do something else.  I don't want to say too much other than that my setup for Big Pharma that I've been scheming is completely different from the popular setup that people normally use.  However, since it only exists in my head and I've done zero testing, I don't know how feasible it is.

I'm also probably going to revamp some of the posts I've made so far with setups for Bravely Default, mainly to use Miiverse to add screenshots so I can better illustrate the setups and eliminate some of the scatterbrain that's present in those posts since I never bothered to properly outline them.  There will definitely be a fair amount of image editing involved in revamping these posts, so I can show equipment and whatnot in a concise manner.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.