Monday, May 27, 2013

Day of Racing: DVR Edition

I watched precisely zero of these races live, though the closest I got was starting the Indy 500 38 minutes late.

The F1 race was pretty exciting.  I personally was hoping for Adrian Sutil to somehow work his way up to 3rd so we could have an all-German podium.  Perez was pretty crazy at times throughout the race and ultimately paid the price for it.

At the Indy 500, things were initially crazy, with three cautions right off the bat, then everyone collectively calmed down and got on with it until just before the end when there were two more cautions, one of which happened because Graham Rahal hadn't yet crashed out.  I have a list of drivers that I'd like to see win, and while the actual winner was indeed among them, most of the rest had a decent race.  Fortunately for everyone involved it wasn't Will Power who won.  Stupid smug Australian.  Anyway.

I have less interest in the NASCAR race than the others, but I watch it anyway.  Unfortunately, despite rumors I'd heard and things I thought I'd heard people say, nobody actually attempted the 1100 this year.  Everything seemed normal for a while until the drive cable for one of FOX's cameras broke and got caught in Kyle Busch's car, then proceeded to wreck shit with everyone it hit.  Good guy NASCAR red flagged the race and gave people 15 minutes to repair the damage, then set the field in the order before it happened and set everyone racing again.

At 10PM, the local FOX HD channel promptly shit itself.

After a bit of WTFing I found the Shit-Definition version and tuned into that.  Skipping about a half hour because I was watching from a recording and was forced into the live broadcast.  After a yellow, things went to shit and there was a big crash and for some reason NASCAR threw another red flag.  I guess that's their policy as the race winds down or something.

Anyway, all the races were good.  Even though I missed a half hour or so of the NASCAR race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.