Friday, January 27, 2012

Adventures in Anime Name That Tune

CAINE played Name That Tune at last night's meeting.  We've played it for the past couple of years, but this one was a bit different from the rest.  The first year we didn't have teams, it was everyone for themselves, and there was a qualifier round to get in and a bracket from then on.  The second year we were divided up into teams randomly.  This year, we essentially got to pick our teams.

This led to the inevitable creation of the superteam.  Which I so happened to be on.  Partway through they even split one of us off, but we still managed to win.

For whatever reason I got my idea in first for our team name and we ended up being Namako Team.  If you don't get it, go watch Azumanga Daioh.  It's okay, I'll wait.

Back?  Good.

I facepalmingly missed a few songs including the first K-ON!! ED and the Shinryaku! Ika Musume ED, but made up for it when I got the tiebreaker on the Azumanga Daioh ED because I knew the title, artist, and composer.  This actually made up for a fail of mine two years ago where I completely blanked on the very same song in the finals.

Overall we discovered that the annoying kid actually knows some music, and that the other annoying kid only got like three songs and was forced to STFU for most of the night, which was much welcomed.

The prizes were kind of crap but I ended up taking Finger Bowling.  It's basically a tiny set of bowling pins and two balls.  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.