Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sakura Matsuri 2011 Edition

Timeline:

6:00 AM - woke up.
6:30 - done showering, getting dressed, etc.  Had breakfast consisting of maple & brown sugar oatmeal and a couple glasses of milk.
7:00 - Got in the car and left to go pick people up.
7:22 - Realized I forgot my cell phone, made the stupid decision to turn around and go back to get it.  I should have just met up with everyone then gone back past my house to grab it on my way out of the city.
7:45 - made it to where we were meeting, got people in car.
8-something - got $20 in gas money, tossed that into the tank.  Tank nearly full.
10-something - arrived at the Vienna/Fairfax-GMU metro station.  Noted that there were far fewer people there this year.  Normally it takes us 30-40 minutes to get our metro passes, this time it took about five.
10:45 or so - on the street, through admissions, hunting down food.
11:00 - obtained taiyaki, takoyaki, and okonomiyaki. om nom nom.  Then proceeded to walk around and look at the booths and stuff.
2:30 PM - we realized that except for the food, 90% of everything available at the booths is also available in the dealer's room at an anime con.  Got Beef Udon bowl.
3-something - we decided to go to Olive Garden.  We shuffled around rides with people since not everyone wanted to go, it ended up being just the white people going for food, and the asians/black people going straight home.  Just like last year.  I'm not trying to be racist or anything, that's just how it worked out.  Also, my car ended up being just me at this point, so no gas money for the return trip :(
4 or so - arrive at olive garden, party of 4 seated rather quickly.
5:00 - I discover through the helpful reminder of our waiter that the soups there are endless, ordered a second soup.
6:30 - we left, and I forgot to use the bathroom on the way out.  Grabbed my NOS out of my backpack though.
sometime - it couldn't wait any longer, had to find a back road where I could pull over and use a tree. lol
just before 9 - home.  NOS empty.  Gas gauge at 1/4 tank, but then again as my gas gauge goes down it gets more and more inaccurate, so I really don't know how much I have left at any given point in time.  At least it's inaccurate on the low side, meaning there's more in the tank than what it says.

Moral of the story: use the bathroom before leaving the restaurant so you don't have to use a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.