Saturday, November 1, 2008

another detachable neck rant

Honestly, I'm surprised that there hasn't been greater backlash, a recall, and a sincere apology from RedOctane. They claim it's that way to make it easy to store and transport. I don't know about you, but I've never had a problem storing or transporting my guitar controller with the neck attached. It's a stupid gimmick that makes no sense and needs to be eliminated and never done again.

My controller is completely random now. It usually works fine. Sometimes yellow will flicker or go out entirely, this is guaranteed if I have the guitar tilted to activate star power or if I try to whammy a chord containing yellow and green or red.

Just today I noticed red flickering. I'm beginning to hate songs with HO/POs because I'll randomly lose my combo when I shouldn't have.

A few days ago I had problems with blue and orange dropping out immediately on holds or if I hit the whammy bar.

And a while back, I had problems with green that were so severe I couldn't navigate the menus.

That brings the fret buttons I've had problems with up to all five of them. They effectively shipped the game with a defective controller. The community is owed a recall, a redesigned single piece guitar controller (available for free to anyone who participates in the recall), and a huge apology.

The ideal redesigned controller would have a more sensitive tilt sensor (I have to get mine vertical before it goes off, and I can't send powerups in quick succession in battle without stopping playing, looking down, finding select, and mashing it, tanking my rock meter in the process and offsetting any advantage the powerups may have given me), a more sensitive whammy bar (I have to push mine down past halfway to get any whammy to register, making short holds impossible to whammy), and select/start positioned where they were on the red SG, where select can be easily hit with the side of the hand as opposed to having to play with your hand cupped over the whammy bar (leading to dropped combos) and a finger planted on the select button (leading to accidental activations).

And, like I've said in previous posts about this, whoever had the idea for the detachable neck really needs to be shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.