Friday, March 18, 2016

Lay's Flavor Swap: Cheddar & Sour Cream vs. Smoked Gouda & Chive

Remember last post?  Where I said that I may very well have gotten the last bag of Korean Barbecue that Giant had?  Well, I also mentioned I was going back on Friday to pick up the final two flavors.  When I left the store on Wednesday morning, they had plenty of bags of both.

Cheddar & Sour Cream is everywhere.  No problem finding that one.  Grabbed it and a 20 oz. Mountain Dew, as I do, and went back to inspect further for the Smoked Gouda & Chive.

There were none.  "Okay, I'll try a few other stores."

Visits to Harris Teeter, two Food Lions, and three Krogers later, I am still lacking a bag of Smoked Gouda & Chive.  I've already looked at Wal-Mart, they don't have it either.  While making the rounds, I found bags of all seven of the other flavors.  There are zero bags of Smoked Gouda & Chive in the city.  So please understand my sarcasm in discussing the chips.

If I ever do find a bag of Smoked Gouda & Chive, I'll be sure to do a followup.

My palate cleanser is, as always, and as I mentioned above, a 20 oz. bottle of Mountain Dew.  It's a little less necessary this time, but I figured I'd include that information anyway, for science or whatever.

Cheddar & Sour Cream

Well, they're pretty good.  The flavors of cheddar and sour cream are easily noticeable and well balanced.  They're kind of salty, though.  As an aside, "salty" happens to be the word that kids these days use to mean "frustrated", and I'm rather frustrated that I can only find seven of the eight flavors of these chips.

Smoked Gouda & Chive

Tastes like my broken hopes and dreams.  The more of them a person has, the better they taste, therefore mine are the most delicious in the universe.

The Verdict

My vote is going to Smoked Gouda & Chive, simply because I'd like to be able to buy a bag of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments because when Blogger originally implemented a spam filter it wouldn't work without comment moderation enabled. So if your comment doesn't show up right away, that would be why.